PRP Hair Restoration Program
What is PRP?
Platelet Rich Plasma is a treatment derived from your body’s own blood platelets to infuse hair growth as a stand-alone treatment or to progress the results and recovery from hair transplant surgery.
The Gold-Standard of PRP
Not all PRP is created equal! Preparation protocols, centrifuge settings, preparation kits, use of Extracellular Matrix/Growth Factors and the knowledge of the staff are all key components that make up the quality and strength of PRP. Not only is PRP amazing the medical world with its ability to restore hair follicles, research shows that PRP enriched with extracellular matrix growth factors have the powers to heal and restore the skin. For years, PRP plus Extracellular Matrix has been used in wound care, orthopedics, oral surgery to promote cellular regeneration and ophthalmology.
The La Chele PRP Hair Restoration Program is specifically designed to enhance hair growth with the use of your own blood platelets plus a blend of growth factors. This proprietary blend of growth factors includes an extracellular matrix for an optimal result.
Tissue regenerating technology is renowned in the medical world for its incredible ability to heal and rejuvenate skin and wounds.
Think of growth factors as the maintenance and upkeep of tissues in the body. These growth factors are powerful proteins that support cellular growth. When a tissue is damaged, the growth factors activate which results in tissue regeneration.
Treatable Conditions with PRP
- Alopecia Areata
- Androgenetic Alopecia
- Traumatic Alopecia
How Does it Work?
- A small sample of your blood will be drawn to be stored in a sterile test tube and then processed in an FDA-approved device.
- This device spins at a high speed to separate the platelets and plasma from other components such as red blood cells.
- These platelets would then be stimulated by releasing powerful molecules which have unimaginable biological effects on hair follicles and skin.
- Prepping of the scalp and a numbing agent would be applied to the area to ensure patient comfort.
- The key ingredient of Extracellular Matrix or Growth Factors would be mixed into your PRP.
- This powerful cocktail of hairgredients will then be painlessly injected into the areas of weak hair follicles in the scalp.
There is no downtime or recovery time. Patients may experience mild soreness and redness of the scalp. These symptoms usually clear up in a day or less.
Hair regrowth results are progressive and initially subtle with patients usually seeing noticeable results between 4-8 months. With the La Chelé PRP Hair Restoration Program, patients would only need to be treated every 12-18 months. After your initial treatment, some patients may be encouraged to come in every couple of months for a hair check so we can track your hair regrowth results. In some cases, patients may need a PRP Booster for an additional kick-start to hair regrowth.
With the use of the La Chelé LaserCap, patients will be able to maintain their results and prevent future hair loss.