Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy
in Bucks County, Pennsylvania
At La Chelé, we can help both men and women who are experiencing hormonal imbalances regain their youthful vitality, libido, and sense of well-being. We treat patients experiencing the symptoms associated with perimenopause, menopause, and andropause with bio-identical hormone therapy. If you are seeking help and would like to look and feel much younger, this treatment can truly change your life.
Now offering Testosterone injections!
Tired, lower libido, not feeling yourself?
A hormone pellet or testosterone injections may be a good option for you!
As a less invasive alternative option to hormone replacement therapy, we now offer testosterone injections. These injectables are injected by the patient at home. This is another treatment option based on your lifestyle. Join us for a consultation to discuss with our Medical Providers which may be best for you!
Instructions for self-administered injections here
What are the symptoms of Hormone Imbalance?
- Difficulty sleeping
- Feeling sluggish during the day
- Decreased mental concentration
- Mood swings
- Weight gain and decreased ability to lose fat
- Decrease in muscle strength and tone
- Decrease in libido or sexual desire
- Brain fog
What are Bio-Identical Hormones?
Bioidentical hormones have the same chemical composition as the hormones that are naturally produced in our body, which means they can be utilized by our body in the same way. Hormone replacement therapy exists in many different forms depending on lifestyle, including intramuscular injections, implantable pellets, transdermal creams, and oral pills. These hormones are not synthetic, in fact they are derived from natural plants so the body isn’t able to recognize the difference between your hormones and the bio-identical ones.
How Does Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy Work?
Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy repairs hormonal imbalances in the body. Before initiating hormone therapy, it is critical that lab work be performed. This lab work must be completed for the initial consultation, at which time, if you are deemed an appropriate candidate for hormone replacement therapy, you and your provider can discuss the treatment that best suits your lifestyle. Pellets are small customized levels of hormones that are implanted into the upper part of the buttocks which slowly metabolize and dispense hormones over the course of 3-4 months, in the much same manner as the body’s natural hormones. If you choose injectable testosterone instead, it is administered by you, or someone you live with, 1-2 times per week.
Is Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy Right For Me?
Take our quiz to see if you have symptoms of a hormone imbalance! Here are some things to keep in mind before you schedule your hormone replacement therapy consultation:
- If you are still growing your family and having more children, we ask that you wait to pursue hormone therapy until your family is completed.
- If you have a history of breast/prostate cancer, we will not perform hormone therapy.
- We cannot perform hormone therapy if you have a clotting disorder.
- If you are a heavy smoker, hormone therapy may not be the best for you.
- Any diagnosed irregular menstrual bleeding is a contradiction for Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy.
Benefits of Bio-identical Hormone Therapy:
- Improves sleep and mood
- Potentially reduces risks of disease such as Alzheimer’s
- Reduce risk of depression
- Reduce hot flashes and night sweats
- Healthier cholesterol levels
- Increase libido
- Improvement in weight loss
- Memory improvement
- Less brain fog
What Do Hormones Do?
- Estrogen: The most important hormone, especially for women. Estrogen is responsible for controlling the bodies internal thermostat, regulating mental function, and sleep patterns. Estrogen also helps with fatigue, depression, mood swings, and decreased libido.
- Progesterone: Those who take estrogen bio-identical hormones will also be prescribed progesterone to prevent estrogen dominance. Progesterone promotes breast health, helps with relaxation, mood and sleep.
- Testosterone: Testosterone is a hormone produced in the body that begins to increase during puberty and begins to decline around age 30. People often consult when they are feeling symptoms such as less energy or motivation to do the activities they used to do, feel unable to lose weight or have lost muscle mass or have a low libido. There are several health benefits associated with this hormone including:
- Increased libido
- Increase bone density and strength
- Enhances the sense of well-being
- Increases exercise energy
- Could reduce the risks of metabolic syndrome
To learn more about Testosterone Pellets, click here.
Ready to get your life back?
Call us today to see if you qualify – 215-862-6100 or click here to contact us via email