What areas do we treat with Botox or Dysport?
- frown lines
- horizontal lines (forehead)
- crow’s feet
- gummy smile
- bunny lines
- platysma bands
- lip lines
- lip flip
What does the treatment entail?
At La Chele we always begin with a detailed consultation with a Medical Provider. Consultation and treatment typically take less than 30 minutes. We will discuss your areas of concern and have you animate with facial expressions to make an assessment on how many units will be needed to achieve your desired results. There will be about 5-15 small injections will be made depending on which areas are being treated.
Who performs Botox injections?
All of our injectors are Medical providers, RNs, NPs, PAs and our Medical Director Dr. Lisa Espinoza. They are master injectors that are highly trained in Neurotoxins and Dermal fillers and are in the top 1% of injectors in the country.
How do I know if I need Botox/Dysport?
Neurotoxins can be used on patients around the ages of 20-80 years old. It is best to start treatments when lines start to become visible at rest (static lines). It is even better to start treatments before the lines form! Prevention is key!
Most lines in the upper half of the face can be treated with Botox or Dysport. As far as lines in the lower face, we typically treat with dermal fillers.
Wrinkles that are formed by loose/excess skin or sun damage are not the ideal candidate for neurotoxins. A consultation is always the best way to find out if you are a candidate and if Botox is right for you!
What are my post care instructions?
- Do NOT rub or massage the treated areas for 24 hours following treatment. Microdermabrasion and photofacials can be performed the same day but prior to your injections.
- Do NOT apply makeup for 30 minutes after your injections.
- Do not lie down or do strenuous activity for 3-4 hours after treatment.
- It is possible you may experience a headache after treatment. You may take Tylenol, Advil, or Excedrin. ** Keep in mind products that contain Aspirin or Fish Oil may increase the risk of bruising.
- The redness and marks on the treated areas will likely disappear within a few hours after treatment.There is a slight risk of bruising that may last up to one week. This is temporary and can easily be covered with make- up.
- Botox can take up to 2 weeks for full effect. If you feel you would desire more relaxation of the muscles treated, we will address this at your 2 week follow up appointment. If you were treated with Dysport, your results will take effect sooner and will see results by about day 5.
- This injection treatment is temporary and at first you may find that your treatment results will last 3-4 months. If you maintain your treatment appointments with frequency recommended, the duration of each treatment result may last longer than 4 months.
- To achieve optimal results, you will need to repeat your treatments when you notice muscle activity and crinkling of the skin.
Does botox hurt? What are the side effects of Botox?
Barely! We use tiny insulin needles for our Botox and Dysport injections. It feels like a quick little pinch and the treatment itself takes seconds!
With any type of injection we are always at risk for erythema (redness), edema (swelling) and bruising at the injection site. With the use of our smaller gauge needles your risk of this happening is much lower. We recommend stopping any blood thinning medications 24-48 hour before your treatment to also help with bruising.
Do I need a follow up appointment for my Botox or Dysport?
We always have you come in for a follow up after your first Botox/Dysport treatment with our practice, even if you have treated previously elsewhere. It is important for us to make sure we achieved the desired results of the treatment. We will schedule you to come back in 2 weeks from your treatment. With future treatments we always ask that you call us and come in for a touch up at 2 weeks post treatment only if needed!